Rate: According to the CDC;
the rate has been rising at an alarming rate.
Twenty years ago: 1 in 10,000
Five Years ago: 1 in 500
Today: 1 in 150.
- This rate has continued to go up as the number of vaccines have
increased and the age at which vaccines are administered have
- The rate of Autism for boys is 1 in 100
- 1 in 68 families is affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder
- The rate of divorce and separation is for parents of children with
ASD is almost 90%
- There are 1.77 million cases of autism in the U.S., making it more prevalent than AIDS as well as the following children's diseases combined: Down Syndrome, childhood diabetes, and childhood cancer. 24,000 new cases are diagnosed annually; one every 20 minutes.
- The NIH is spending only $66 on each patient with Autism in research versus $3,084 on each AIDS patient.
- The economic impact of autism is more than $90 billion and expected to more than double in the next decade.
Possible Indicators of Autism Spectrum Disorders
* Does not babble, point, or make meaningful gestures by 1 year of age
* Does not speak one word by 16 months
* Does not combine two words by 2 years
* Does not respond to name
* Loses language or social skills
Some Other Indicators
* Poor eye contact
* Doesn't seem to know how to play with toys
* Excessively lines up toys or other objects
* Is attached to one particular toy or object
* Doesn't smile
* At times seems to be hearing impaired
The symptoms of Autism and the symptoms of
Mercury Poisoning are the same!!!
Officially, the academy of pediatrics states
that there is no known cause or cure for Autism (our son is
proof that this statement is not 100% correct).
Prior to the 1960's the treatment
recommended was institutionalization.
After the 1960's and up until the past
decade the only other recommended treatment was behavior
modification or ABA therapy.
Only recently, because of the work deligent parents,
researchers and doctors (many of them parents or
grandparents of children with ASD themselves) the
correlation between Autism and Mercury Poisoning has been
made. Children are now being successfully treated
Disclaimer: The material
on this site is for informational purposes only and is not to be
meant as medical advice. Please consult a trusted and
knowledgeable physician when making medical and treatment
Home | Cam's Journey | Autism Facts | Heavy Metal Poisoning | How YOU can Help | Links and Books | Inspirational Quotes | Frequently Asked Questions | Guest Book & Feedback
This site was last updated